Your guide to making a travel insurance claim
We hope your holiday goes as smoothly as possible, but unfortunately, unexpected events can sometimes get in the way. If something unexpected does happen during your trip, we will be there to help.
Here is all the information you need to make a travel insurance claim with Westpac Travel Insurance.
What you need to know about making a travel insurance claim
It's important to us that making a claim is easy for our customers, which is why our emergency assistance team is available 24 hours a day to help you in any emergency and to guide you through the claims process. If you have any questions or concerns when you are back at home, feel free to contact us on 0800 550 325 for assistance.
So that we can process your claim as quickly as possible, we ask you to please:
- Read through your policy document to find out the necessary documentation you need to make a claim.
- Report any lost or stolen property to the police immediately and obtain a written report.
- Call the emergency assistance team as soon as you can if you are admitted to hospital or if you expect your medical expenses will exceed $1,000.
Travel Alerts/ Claims Advice
Please see here for our list of travel alerts that may affect your travel plans.
Your step-by-step guide to making a claim
Follow these easy steps to make a travel insurance claim with Westpac:
- If you need to make a claim, you can complete an online claim.
- Or you can download and complete a claim form. The claim form is available online as a PDF.
- Add the necessary supporting documentation. The claim form will list what documents we need from you in order to process your claim.
- Make a copy of all the documents for yourself before sending off your claim form. We get the originals, so keep a copy in case you have to call us with questions about your claim.
- Send your claim form and all the supporting documents to:
Westpac Travel Insurance
PO Box 105-203
If you need help our claim advisors can be contacted on 0800 550 325 or by email Westpacfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel with the peace of mind knowing that making a claim is quick and easy with Westpac Travel Insurance.
If you have any questions or feedback on how your claim was handled, please let us know by calling 0800 550 325.